This 2 day course has been specifically designed for engineers that are already experienced in deploying standalone Intel Xeon Processor racks or blade servers but are new to the Cisco Unified Computing System. This lab-intensive class will provide engineers with the additional knowledge and skils required to successfully deploy a Cisco UCS solution.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft HyperV, Citrix Xen )
- Server Experience
- Understanding of SANs
Describing Cisco UCS Architecture
- Cisco UCS B-Series Hardware
- Cisco UCS C-Series Hardware
Implementing Cisco B-Series Connectivity
- Implementing Physical Connectivity
- Implementing LAN Connectivity
- Implementing SAN Connectivity
Implementing Cisco C-Series Connectivity
- Installing Cisco C-Series Servers in a Cisco R-Series Rack enclosure
- Updating Cisco UCS C-Series Firmware with the Host Upgrade Utility
- Provisioning LAN and SAN Connectivity in the Cisco Integrated Management Controller
Implementing UCS Virtual resources.
- ProvisionResource Pools in Cisco UCS Manager
- Provision Server Policies in Cisco UCS Manager
- Provision Service Profiles from Templates in UCS Manager
- Provision Cisco UCS C-Series Server Integration in Cisco UCS Manager.
- Lab 1 : Perform Initial C-Series Implementation
- Lab 2: Implement LAN and SAN Connectivity
- Lab 3: Verify SAN Connectivity
- Lab Demo: Provision Initial B-Series Congiguration
- Lab 4: Provision Cisco UCS Ethernet Connectivity and Management IP Pools
After you complete this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Cisco UCS Architecture - both B-Series and C-Series
- Configure, Maintain and operate Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Mount Servers leveraging the Cisco IMC, Host update Utility.
- Implement LAN and SAN Connectivity
- Provison UCS Virtual Resources
- Explain Cisco UCS C-Series Integration
Engineers already experienced in Intel Xeon Processor server deployment but new to Cisco's Unified Computing System.
Recommended preparation for exams:
- There is no exam associated to this course.
This course is not recommended for engineers looking to achieve Cisco Data Center Certifiction for which we would recommend the full Implementation and troubleshooting courses. DCUCI and DCUCT.