This 2-day course has been designed specifically for engineers involved in the operation and administration of the Cisco B and C-Series Unified Computing Systems.
Students will gain an understanding of the UCS Architecture, learn how to configure Cisco UCS B-Series connectivity and create and manage virtual resources
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with SANs
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP)
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
Describing Cisco UCS Architecture
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Server Hardware Components
- Describing the Cisco UCS User Interfaces
- Describing Cisco UCS Management Framework and Features
Configuring Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Configuring Cisco UCS B-Series Physical Connectivity
- Configuring Compute Node LAN Connectivity
- Configuring Compute Node SAN Connectivity
Configuring and Managing UCS Virtual Resources
- Creating Identity and Resource Pools
- Creating Service Profiles
- Creating Service Profile Templates and Cloning Service Profiles
- Managing Service Profiles
- Managing Virtual Resources
- Backing Up and Restoring the Cisco UCS Manager Database
- Managing High Availability
- Managing and Upgrading Cisco UCS B-Series Firmware
After you complete this course you will be able to :
- Describe the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Architecture
- Configure UCS B-Series Connectivity.
- Create Identity and Resource Pools
- Create and Manage Service Profiles.
Individuals involved in the day to day operation and administration of a Cisco UCS deployment.
Recommended preparartion for exams:
- There is no exam currently aligned to this course.
Delegates looking to achieve their CCNP Data Center Certification should consider attending the certification courses DCUCI, and DCUFI plus DCUFT,and DCUCT or DCUCD and DCUFD.
Delegates looking to focus on the Nexus product should consider:
- NEXOA- Nexus for Operators and Administrators
Delegates looking for both UCS and Nexus product training should consider:
- DCOA - Data Center for Operators and Administrators